, 6-8, 230, Loveland (Ohio) H.S.
– Capobianco scored 17 points and added eight rebounds to lead Loveland (1-2) to a 61-44 win over Glen Este H.S. Capobianco made 8-of-12 shots and also had a block and a steal in his second game back on the court. His first game wasn't nearly as successful, as he had 13 points (5-of-16) shooting and five rebounds in a 90-50 loss to Princeton H.S. Capobianco is now averaging 15.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game in the early going. Loveland plays at Kings H.S. on Tuesday and then at Anderson H.S. on Friday before taking an 11-day holiday break. Capobianco averaged 20.9 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.4 steals as a junior.
, 6-4, 185, Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy
– Hargrave Military Academy continues to play like one of the top prep school teams in the country, improving to 11-1 with three wins last week. Creek continues to lead the way for Coach Kevin Keatts' team, averaging 19.2 points per game. Creek opened the week with a season-high 28-point, seven-rebound effort in a 112-91 win over Massanutten, and concluded it with a 23-point performance in Hargrave's 10-point win over Fork Union in the championship game of the Fork Union Military Academy tournament on Saturday. Creek also had 14 points in an easy 23-point win over New Hampton Prep in the first round of the Fork Union tourney on Friday.
, 6-8, 210, Tipton (Ind.) H.S.
– Class 2A No. 2 Tipton (5-0) moved up one spot in the last Class 2A poll after a couple of easy wins over Elwood (71-33) and Rensselaer (85-36), and Elston has been leading the charge. Elston scored 24 on Saturday night against Rennsselaer and had 18 points and eight rebounds in the 38-point win over Elwood. Elston remains among the state leaders in scoring (22.4) and rebounding (11.8). Tipton returns to action Friday when it hosts Westfield.
, 6-0, 170, Bloomington (Ind.) South H.S.
– South maintained its No. 1 ranking in Class 4A with wins over Southport (66-50) and Terre Haute North (86-55) over the weekend. Hulls scored 13 points on 5-of-9 shooting and had four rebounds and four assists against Southport on Friday, and then came back with a 15-point, five-rebound, four-assist, seven-steal performance against Terre Haute North. Hulls is averaging 13.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists for the Panthers, which play at Lawrence Central on Friday before hosting Jeffersonville Saturday.
, 6-11, 250, Durham (N.C.) Mt. Zion Academy
– Muniru is playing with Mt. Zion this season, although we've been unable to track down his statistics thus far.
, 6-7, 215, Birmingham (Ala.) Shades Valley H.S.
– Watford had a huge week in leading Class 6A No. 2 Shades Valley (11-1) to a trio of wins. Watford started off the week with his biggest game of the season to date, totaling 34 points and 16 rebounds in an 80-72 win over Leeds. Watford followed that up with a 17-point effort in a 64-55 win over Mountain Brook, and then concluded his big week with a 25-point, 15-rebound performance in a 63-60 win over Huffman H.S. Watford is now averaging 22.5 points and 11.8 rebounds per game. Shades Valley hosts Pinson Valley Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Class of 2011 commit Matt Carlino
is coming off a huge week, averaging 29.0 points/game in wins over Red Mountain (72-55) and Corona Del Sol (89-59). Carlino scored 27 against Red Mountain and 31 against Corona Del Sol…Indianapolis North Central's D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored 22 points to lead his team to a 90-70 win over No. 3 Lafayette Jefferson at the Circle City Classic Challenge this weekend. Jeff's talented junior Jesse Berry
was limited to eight points on 4-of-18 shooting after already eclipsing 40 points in three games this season. Berry was averaging 38.0 points/game entering the contest…Washington (Ind.) sophomore Cody Zeller
broke a bone in his left hand last weekend in a win against North Daviess and could miss up to a month. This weekend's 61-56 win over Edgewood marked the first time in 146 games and six years that Washington H.S. played a game without a Zeller in the line-up…Class of 2011 recruiting target Jeremiah Davis
scored a game-high 16 points in 5-of-12 shooting to lead Muncie Central (2-2) to a 51-46 win over Kokomo H.S…with assistant coaches from Duke
in the stands, top-five 2010 recruit Harrison Barnes
scored just six points in Ames (Iowa) H.S.'s 49-32 win over Waukee Friday night. Barnes bounced back with 19 points (all scored in the first half) in Ames' 77-40 win over Cedar Falls on Saturday…Class of 2011's Marshall Plumlee
had six points and 13 rebounds in Christ (NC) School's 81-30 win over Providence Day. Christ School is 10-0 and has won nine of its games by 20 or more and its last two by 50 or more…Marquis Teague was limited to seven points in Pike's 89-66 win over Lawrence Central Friday night…with Derek Elston's Tipton H.S. team now ranked No. 2 in Class 2A, there's only one more team to overtake in the rankings – defending state champion Ft. Wayne's Bishop Luers. Led by Ohio State
commit Deshaun Thomas, Luers is 4-1 after losing to Lawrence North 69-57 in the Circle City Classic. Thomas scored 31 in the game, but no other Luers players scored in double figures. UK commit Dominique Ferguson
led LN with 19, while Louisville
signee Stephan Van Treese added 12…Class of 2010 recruiting target Aaron Cosby
can return to the court this weekend when Jeffersontown (Ky.) H.S. competes in the Bluegrass Holiday Classic. Now a high school junior, Cosby hasn't played high school basketball since his freshman year at Dupont H.S. He had to sit out last year and the first semester of 2008-09 after transferring.
IU-bound players Matt Carlino (pictured), Maurice Creek and Christian Watford all had big weeks for their respective teams. Find out how all of IU's signees did last week, along with updates on other Class of 2010, 2011 and 2012 prospects from around the state and country...
Updating how IU's incoming recruits and prospects are doing during their high school seasons