, 6-8, 230, Loveland (Ohio) H.S.
– Capobianco had a couple of double-doubles as Loveland (14-3) split games with Wilmington (L 50-45) and Winton Woods (W 53-48) last week. On Tuesday Loveland had its 13-game winning streak snapped by Wilmington despite 18 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks from Capobianco. Three days later, Capobianco had 23 points, 13 rebounds, three assists and three blocks in the five-point win over Winton Woods. Capobianco continues to lead Loveland in scoring (18.0), rebounding (9.9) and blocks (1.7). Loveland has three regular season games remaining before opening state tournament play.
, 6-4, 185, Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy
– Hargrave improved to 20-1 on the season with a 104-77 win over Rise Academy on Saturday night. Creek's stats were unavailable, and it's unclear if he played in the game before heading to Bloomington for Sunday's Indiana-Illinois match-up. Creek continues to lead a very talented Hargrave team in scoring at 19.4/game.
, 6-8, 210, Tipton (Ind.) H.S.
– In a match-up of two top 10 Class 2A schools, No. 2 Tipton used a 14-0 fourth quarter run to blow out No. 9 Carroll 65-34 Friday night. Elston led the way for Tipton (17-2) with 22 points (8-of-15 shooting), 11 rebounds, two assists and two steals. Carroll, meanwhile, dropped to 13-2. Tipton, which has three regular season games remaining, trails only Ft. Wayne Bishop Luers in the latest Class 2A poll. Elston is now averaging 20.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.0 blocks and 2.0 steals.
, 6-0, 170, Bloomington (Ind.) South H.S.
– Hulls had his biggest offensive outburst of the season, hitting 11-of-18 shots (including 5-of-8 3-pointers) on his way to a 30-point performance in Saturday's 77-44 win over Warren Central. Hulls also had seven rebounds, five assists and three steals for top-ranked South, which improved to 16-0. Earlier in the week, Hulls had 12 points, one rebound and seven assists in a 79-49 win over Brownsburg. Hulls is now averaging 16.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and 5.1 assists.
, 6-11, 250, Durham (N.C.) Mt. Zion Academy
– Muniru is the starting center at Mt. Zion this season, although we've been unable to track down his statistics thus far.
, 6-7, 215, Birmingham (Ala.) Shades Valley H.S.
– After dropping three other games to No. 1 Pinson Valley earlier this season, Watford's 35 points and 10 rebounds led Shades Valley to a 63-52 win over their nemesis last Monday. Later in the week, Shades Valley pulled out a narrow 52-48 win over Oxford. Watford's stats were unavailable. Watford is averaging 26.1 points and 13.7 rebounds.
With IU Coach Tom Crean watching from the stands, Indianapolis North Central H.S. freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored 15 points and pulled down four rebounds to help his team to a 81-62 win at No. 5 Terre Haute South Saturday night. Purdue-bound guard Terone Johnson
was the star of the contest, making 11-of-15 shots on his way to a 30-point night for the state's fourth-ranked Class 4A team…Chesterton (Ind.) H.S. sophomore Mitch McGary didn't have the same sort of success with Crean watching him play last Thursday. The 6'9" forward was limited to six points (3-of-9 shooting) and three rebounds in his team's 59-36 loss to Merrillville…IU Class of 2011 commit Matt Carlino
scored 14 points to help lead top-ranked Highland (24-3) to a 58-37 win over Central in their regular season finale. Highland hosts the region semifinals and finals this week…Washington (Ind.) sophomore Cody Zeller
scored 26 points to lead the second-ranked Hatchets (14-2) to a 91-52 win Owen Valley. Zeller is now averaging 17.3 points and 7.2 rebounds…Chicago Marshall senior Darius Smith
scored 18 points but it wasn't enough as his team dropped a 63-60 decision to Hyde Park in the Chicago Public League Tournament last week. Marshall is now off until the start of the state tournament…Avon freshman Austin Burgett
scored with 1.9 seconds remaining in overtime to lift Avon to a 53-51 win over Noblesville. Avon sophomore Kendall Griffin
scored 12 points in the contest while Burgett finished with eight. The night before, Burgett scored 20 to lead Avon to a 62-57 win over Westfield…Broad Ripple H.S. freshman Ron Patterson
scored 20 points and handed out eight assists to lead his team to an 82-66 win over Bloomington North Saturday. The night before, Patterson scored 18 in a 65-57 loss to Southport. Southport freshman Kellon Thomas
scored 12 in help lead his team to the win…the night before coming to IU for Sunday's Indiana-Illinois contest, 6-10, 260-pound Carmel H.S. freshman A.J. Hammons
scored 10 points to help his team to a 74-58 win over Mishawaka…while most of the Class 4A attention has been on unbeaten Bloomington South along with Indianapolis powers North Central and Lawrence North, second-ranked New Albany has quieting rolled to a 16-0 start to the season, including a 58-43 win over Evansville Central this weekend. New Albany junior Donnie Hale
scored 20 points and had 11 rebounds in the win…Union County (Ind.) H.S. freshman Brad Hartman
scored 14 points Saturday night to help lead his team to a 47-35 win over Oldenburg.
Jordan Hulls (pictured) had a season-best performance over the weekend, while Christian Watford scored 35 as his team finally beat Pinson Valley. Read about those performances and gets notes on IU's recruiting targets in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012....
A look at how IU's 2009 recruiting class is doing, plus notes of targets in 2010, 2011 and 2012